Well.... preeclampsia struck again. Although it was very mild this time! Thank goodness. On Feb. 19th I went home from work with pretty severe swelling in my legs and bps that were borderline high. I layed on my left side all afternoon with my feet above my heart. The swelling did go down quite a bit and I went ahead and took my bp on my machine at home which read 155/99. My machine hasn't been working properly so I ran up to one of the other clinics where my girlfriend works and had her and the PA take it manually. The last reading was 174/104. So I called the peri and was instructed to get to the city ASAP and be prepared to deliver that night. It was very emotional for me. I was 32 weeks pregnant but could only assume the worst. On arrival at the hospital my blood pressure had stabilized a little bit somewhere in the 150's/90's. My 24 hour urine turned out to be in the 400's which is MILD preeclampsia. I was kept in the hospital for 6 days and the protein in my urine has stayed steady in the 200's. I am on strict bedrest and have NST's twice weekly. I have an ultrasound tomorrow to check for growth and fluid levels! I cannot wait to see how much my little gummi weighs now! :) He should be close to 5lbs! WOW! A 5 pound baby to me is SO HUGE~ lol
No comments:
Post a Comment