Sunday, August 23, 2009

Camping and Sippy Cups

Jack is getting so big it seems EVERY day! He is learning so much so fast it amazes me! Jack is one of those "discontent" babies that wants to just get up and go and he is frustrated at the world because he can't.. lol. I'm hoping he will grow out of this as soon as he can crawl. :) He loves to be on his belly and if you lay him on his back he will flip right over. We started back on baby food a couple weeks ago.. so far he has had peaches, sweet potatoes, avocado, rice cereal, and bananas of course. He hates rice cereal. Peaches are his favorite. Some new tricks he has learned.. he tries to hold his bottle, he sits with support, rolls both ways, protests when you put him down or take a toy from him, found his feet, he pinches, he loves to grab noses, he can "scoot" on his belly to reach things but has not quite figured out how to put his knees and hands up at the same time(its always one or the other), and starting today he drinks from a sippy cup!!! I was very weary of starting the sippy cup because of his cleft but he seems to do good with the Nuby and he just bites it to get the water out. I didn't want to put breast milk in the cup just yet for fear that he would think I was replacing the bottle. We went on our first camping trip and he loved it. He loves loves loves to be outside so this was his kind of vacation. lol. He slept well in the camper and actually better than he does at home. I didn't get a lot of pictures and I regret it. :( I do have a few that I will post below. He liked getting in the lake but it was putting him to sleep so of course he had to fight it. :) He is his mothers child what can I say?






This is in the playpen in the camper. :)
The rest are from the house.. he likes to eat his feet while he watches Mickey Mouse..









2 comments:

Donna said...

He's just to cute!!! You were brave to take a little one camping. It's great that he enjoyed it so much.

Amanda said...

What a big boy!!! I'm glad he liked camping...I'm sure it made your trip a lot easier!! I love the pic of him sitting in his bouncy seat playing with his feet! He's a CUTIE!!